View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #89
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Having the angle right also affects the fan to radiator relationship (something I would be checking at this point before you lock in the engine location). to much angle and the fan is not parallel to the radiator. If you are running fans on the radiator and not the engine it will not be as critical.
Good point. I am attempting to use the original core support that lands properly in the vertical location, however, it is way closer than stock to the engine. As a result of the apparent close proximity of the engine to the radiator (that I don't even own yet), I had decided to go with the electric fans. If I can manage a weekend at home like last weekend, I could probably get close to having things tied down and maybe even be able to start it. Had 17 inches (yep 1 foot 5 inches) of rain last weekend so it was a good time to be in the garage for a bunch of hours. Besides being the birthplace of Mardi Gras, Mobile gets credit for the most amount of rain per year (60+ inches). Both are a pain to deal with. Dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote