View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Can you swap a 66c20 fslb onto a 1971 c10 fslb frame. Help?

The '67-'72 frames are basically the same as the '63-'66 frames, but with some minor differences. The first being the frame horns at the front are different to accomodate the different bumpers. Secondly is the radiator support mounts. I have heard that they must be moved. Also the rear cab mounts are I believe lower than what the '63-'66 cab needs. Of course your C20 will have the rear cab mounts that are bonded with rubber, which are different than what the C10's use. I would go with the C10 style. Other than that, I believe everything else will bolt onto the '71 frame.

Now with that said, before you get too carried away, you may want to check with the California DMV and see what is needed to make this swap legal. Having a cab and frame with different VIN's is frowned upon in certain states. Here in Idaho, it can get your vehicle consficated if they find out and you do not have the proper documentation/paper work.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote