View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #577
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: 1971 Stepside LS Build

Quote:
Ugliest blanket I ever saw

And I second that "wife for the win"! I take pics of my wife when she helps otherwise nobody would believe me lol.

Interested to hear about the window sash issue. Currently my windows go all the way up, but it's like the glass is too short because the metal track that holds the window hits my sash as well and pushes it up / past it which is weird. But if you got taller glass, then you would have to modify the stop to allow it to go lower inside door. I think that's the only way to fix this issue from what I can tell.
I bought a SuperDuty in 2000. That blanket was the only good thing about that truck. It has come in handy for years now, but it is ugly like its namesake.

That is exactly what my windows are doing. I've researched it and it seems like most everyone has the same issue. I may pull the inner fuzzy and try some fuzzy side of velcro as I can squeeze my doors together tighter with the 72 reinforcement screw under the vent window.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote