View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #22
Paul72

Re: K/5 Tahoe build thread

3 months since my last update and I’ve gotten a bit more done (it’s been a pretty busy winter!). From the outside it looks pretty good – still have a bit of patch work to do on the inside. At least I can get out and enjoy this warmer weather (took it out for an hour trip yesterday!). The Blazer will remain in this condition until it’s ready to go on the ’99 chassis.

Next step – tear into the ’99 – I know it’s a Yukon, but I’m calling it a Tahoe to stay in the Chevy family. On the agenda is removing the body, shortening the frame 13.5”, and welding in new body mounts. Along with that is going thru the entire wiring harness to connect the ’71 features to the correct wires! I won’t get serious about it until this fall/winter since I want to enjoy the Blazer with the family this summer.

I know there are some questioning this project and say I should just invest/improve the ’71, but here’s the deal: Life events made me choose to sell my ’72 K20 last year and back in 2006 I sold my ’72 Blazer that came from my grandparent’s farm due to moving and lack of garage space at the new place. This project will allow me to bring parts/memories of both of those into one vehicle. Along with that, I bought the Yukon from my uncle back in 2014 and he passed away from cancer in 2017. Using this chassis brings all of this together into one.

This is truly a family affair – so along with all the memories from the past, I’m able to do something that my family can enjoy now and into the future.

Enjoy the pics!
Attached Images