View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
C101971

Need help choosing a trans

Now I know this question has been asked a million times but I have not found a thread where all the questions I have are answered so I figured I'll ask my questions and go from there

I currently have an sm465, your not going anywhere anytime soon with one of them... I want it to still be stick shift, closer gear ratios without breaking the bank. I was originally looking into the Chrysler A888 I believe it was? Came on a few Chevy's back in the day and it was a 4 speed with O/D, factory Hurst shifter and good ratio. Problem is they are very hard to find. So I looked into more common 4 speeds, like the t5, t10, etc. Think I fell on the super t10. But the more I talk about it the more people suggest other transmissions to me.

My c10 has 2 bucket seats so shifter location is not an issue. My problem I think I will run into is my motor, gen 1 350, has the old style spline, correct me if I'm wrong, but the super t10 has the later model spline I understand?

Ideally I like manual clutches, I don't mind having to use a hydraulic clutch, but I would like to avoid it.

End of the day question is, will a super t10 work on a gen 1? If not, what are my options as far as a close geared, 4 speed that will mate to a gen 1 sbc?
C101971 is offline   Reply With Quote