View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 09:55 AM   #9
72c20customcamper

Re: New cab mounts cab to high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old51sedan View Post
Mark,
I'm just putting my truck back together, I installed the small about 1/4" pads under the box. I never removed the cab so didn't do anything with it. When I installed the radiator support I installed new rubber mounts, everything was fine until I tried mounting the front fenders. There was a 1/4" gap at the top and you could stick you thump in at the bottom and not have it touch. I ordered rubber cab mounts and after installation it made all the difference in the world. I know the mounts are different for 2 and 4 wheel drives and maybe 1/2 and 3/4 ton. I would make sure you have the right ones and then wait until you start installing the fenders. Install new ones on Rad. support also. Mine came with shims, I installed without, but had to go back and install them to make everything line up. The shims on mine were square washers and I just cut a notch in them so all I had to do was take a little was lift the cab enough to slide them in instead of having to remove the bolt. Hope this helps. Love the color....
Put the passenger side on it lines up fairly well . I had put new radiator support mounts in so I figured it needed the body came with those big metal shims but I didnt put them on . Mine is a 20 so they are different than the 10.It may be me because I was so used to the cab corner lower than the bed step. There was nothing under the mounts on the bed not even a remnant of a pad . I guess I'll get used to it
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 10-21-2020 at 10:01 AM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote