View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #6
K5 MAX

Re: Project Gumby Phase 1

Wire wheeled everything clean that I was gonna paint, cracks in the passenger far rear body mount box, will be welded up the best I can (still learning) obviously the holes in the bed floor will need addressing but that can wait

Cracked on the other side too, on the bottom

Bought all three steps from POR15; their degreaser, metal prep and satin black. Got the rear frame coated (bottom, inside the frame and top) from the axel back basically. I'll do the outside later with the wheels off. Hit some rusty spots on the underside of the body, bumper and in the rear channel under the bed to try to stop it from getting worse

Cleaned up the rear tail light wiring harness of some hacker wiring and re-taped it before going back in

87-91 gas tank is fully mocked up, gonna write up a separate thread to make it easier for others to find later. I put the link here as well. I searched and searched an had a hard time finding a complete detailed write up. Found some good info on some of your build threads, just took a lot of time. I'll put the tank in for the final time tomorrow and hopefully get her cranked this weekend! Excited to drive her more than 15 yards and to cruise with the top off. We'll see what demons rear their heads during the drive. Pretty sure the brakes will need some work. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by K5 MAX; 09-26-2018 at 11:47 AM.
K5 MAX is offline   Reply With Quote