View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #84
rcbildr

Re: Here`s mine,let`s see yours

I finally got some pics of my 'Burbs. It all started a year or so ago with the black & grey 4x4. Right now it is waiting for a transmission transplant. I want to take out the 700R4 and install an SM-465. I found an SM-465 with the clutch pedal/brake pedals & linkage on craigslist.com for an awesome deal, and as soon as I get my shop reorganized I will get it going again.

I then came across the Blue 'Burb (82 3/4ton with a 6.2L diesel) and figured it would be a great donor vehicle....my friend and I split the cost 50/50. My friend wanted the engine for his Blazer and figured I would use the rest of it for a restoration project. We both figured it was too nice to part out at the time and shortly after we bought it, my friend picked up a 6.2 diesel so we decided to use it as a back-up vehicle. Besides, it runs great.

The gold-brown 'Burb (84 3/4ton with a 454/Th-400) I got for free and at first I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. My Brother said he wanted it so I pretty much gave it to him with one exception...I get the engine. The 454 needs some work, so I figured I would install my 350/TH-350 (both have only 30K on them) so I wouldn't have to worry about it breaking down on my Brother....we worked something out for that. Once the 350 combo is installed the rest is on my Bro's $$$. Amazingly that 'Burb has no rust, at least none that I could find...yet. It needs some serious interior work, but nothing my brother can't handle.

A few days ago I towed home the 67 and have been itching to work on it ever since. Once I get the transmission in my 4x4 and the engine swapped out in my Brother's 'Burb, I will start tearing in to the 67. I really want to convert it to diesel so I did some trading with my friend (he's getting the 454 and Th-400) to get the Blue 'Burb for myself. Once I get the bodywork done on the 67, I'm hoping to use the engine, transmission, hydro-boost brakes, rear axle, and whatever else I can fit in from the blue 'burb. My goal is to have a 67 'burb with a 6.2L diesel with a Banks turbo kit on an air-bag suspension....at least that is the dream for now. Thanks

1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote