View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #177
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

My plans for this truck over the next few months are simple. The motor will not develop any oil pressure, so I need to address that. The short block I have in the garage is going back together and will be swapped into the Jimmy. My son and I put the crank in the block today. I have to get some fresh parts washer fluid to clean up the pistons and rods before they go in. I also need to get a rear main seal (wasn't included in my cheap kit), get an oil pump, dip stick, lifters, and maybe a vibration dampener. I am going to use the old headers from my pick up if they'll fit the 4x4 chassis.

After that, I'm going through the brakes and get them up to par. And that is it for the time being.

I got my stick welder working this winter and plan on building an engine hoist for my 1st project. I am concentrating on my C-10 restoration for auto projects. I've convinced the wife to let me add onto the garage. Not to the size I want, but to what she will accept, so I have a lot of work to do there. I also have to get some kitchen cabinets refinished, get a couple walls sheetrocked and replace the kitchen window and maybe put in a new hardwood floor. Maybe with all of that I can negotiate another 60 sqft of garage space. Wish me luck.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote