View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #159
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Re-doing "La Blue" once again

I wish you were closer!

I've studied the LSx engines for some time and their potential swapped into older vehicles...like our trucks. That said, I like the old school look of a carb and a dizzy too. The carb look is easy, the dizzy part is best solved (I think) by going with the MSD 6LS system (timing off of the reluctor wheel) and something like the coil relocation setup that Mast has. This locates all the coils where the dizzy would be on a SBC, using longer wires of course.

now....if you really like the old school look and want a dizzy...there's the front mount LSx dizzy solution from GMPP that inlcudes a special water pump or timing cover or both (plus special cam w/dizzy drive gear), I can't remember.
or.........just go with the World Motown LSx. It's a hybrid SBC style block that has special water jackets, etc. so it accepts the LSx heads and intake. It accepts a standard rear mount dizzy. I read a test on a Motown LSx 427 that made like 629hp!

http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_09...ine/index.html

Check the end plates on the heads for accessories, the plate below the intake, and the look of LS heads and intake on a SBC style block!

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote