View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 05:23 PM   #3
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Next thing I wanted to tackle was the wheels/tires. I was really torn here as I like the look of the 454 wheels with the 15" tire look however I've always wanted some American Racing Torque Thrusts. Initially my budget was $500 for either new tires or if I could find a different wheel/tire setup and figure the Torques would be out of the budget. Looked around a bit and went back and forth on a few things and randomly came across some TT with tires in my budget on marketplace. They were in New Orleans though so I had to make a fun 7 hour trip to pick them up but was able to snag them.

The bolt pattern was off but they came with adapters so I went ahead and tossed them on.

A couple things on going this route. I would have preferred a different offset as these are a bit more sucked in then I would prefer, I would have liked the wheels and tires to be a bit wider but here is where I am.

I'll give them a good polish and hopefully withe lowering the truck they will "fit" the look a bit better. Sold the 454 wheels and still kind of torn on if I should go back to 15's but I'm going to run these and see how it all transforms around them.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote