View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Wynne - I don't have the heart to cut the NOS bezel right now either, so I am going to use the original bezel. Maybe by the time I paint and redo the interior I will have the courage to do it. But not right now, in fact I have already put the NOS one in a trash bag and put it up in the shop attic. I did notice that the dash had already been cut. The cuts go beyond the bezel just a little so it was noticeable from the passenger side. I'll leave it alone for now, but I'll weld in some new metal when time comes to redo the interior. As for color I'm going to keep it red. Too much work and $$$ to change colors and do it the right way. I've always been a blue person, but the red is growing on me. My wife said if I ever did change the color, the name Fred would then mean "Formerly Red".

Adam - Thanks! Is Sunday still good for you?

Leevon - This will be nothing at all like my 68 was. The final truck will be lowered (springs/spindles, flip axle) painted, newer GMC Suburban grill swap, sport bumper, etc. It will eventually have a 5.3L/4L60E combo. Stock interior. Just a really nice clean driver, that has good power with reliability and great mileage. Thanks for the tip on the crew cab seat! In fact, I know where one is right now and is the right color! Are the mounting brackets the same, or what needs done to make it work? This seat is very comfy, the cover is just worn through in a couple places.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote