View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #46
WOLFMANmike

Re: WOLFMANmike's 65 C10 Build

so we get it all in and buttoned up ... fill with fluid and check for the noise you know that winding noise ... nope its gone ! Wooohooo yes ! its done . set it back down on the ground and take her out for a test drive . i am one happy man right now get the RPMs up again and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its back how can that be ? we just tested it up in the air . and the rear end was shot so how can this be ? yall i love my truck Betty Lou but at this point im ready to SHOOT IT ! the noise dose sound a bit different now but still there . my buddy takes my truck for a spin comes back with it and said let get the front up in the air and have a look . Found it ! front end shot wheel barrings are bad upper and lower ball joints bad inner and outer tie rods bad adjuster sleeves ... idler arm shot and Pitman Arm Shot ... how dose this make that bad winding noise you may ask ? believe me i asked too i was baffled well its was are you ready ? laughing time TIRES ! yup tires the shocks are bad and with the shot front end and bad shocks the Tires got Cupped and the Cupped tires make this stupid winding sound on the road . are you laughing yet ? i know i was pissed and laughing at the same time that has got to be the most expensive set of tires ever in the world guys lol lets repcap here a bit .. ok trans and shifter $ 350 rear end 575.00 track bar kit $160.00 and another $ 200 for the front end parts and Tools to do it .. ok yes the rear end was shot so it did need done but still this all started for a damn winding sound ! lol well its been hot as hell here the past week or so and very Humid i live on the coast so i was so far only able to get the passenger side ball joints done and the inner and outer tie rods and idler arm and pitman arm done . so the pics are not of everything yet ... i still need to do the driver side and then buy 2 new tires and get a good alignment done ... but in the end Old Betty Lou Got some much needed love ... also i am including a pic of me and my sexy lil pin up wife we are old souls by heart as you can see we live life in the 50s and 60s lol but i thought you guys might like to have a face to go with my ranting lol ... yes i know i married way out of my league lol but im lucky she loves my fat ugly ass lol
Attached Images

WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote