View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 03:06 AM   #218
72LoBurb
Yup, I'm comp-useless

Re: Post Your Ride 67-72 Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
WOW!! My 500th POST>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the compliment on my truck and I too think its a fine truck and I do love it but things can always be improved. As money allows I am going to do a 3 1/2 frt & 5 rear drop and put 17's on her. I also want to spruce up the interior and am still debating whether put a 700R4 or change the rear axle to 3:08 from the 3:73's so I can get some reasonable fuel mileage. The wooden floor is shot and the inner box fenders are rusted and banged up so that has to be redone too. I drove the truck to the Red Deer Super Run last August when the gas was at its highest at 1.18 per litre ( 5.38 a gallon for you guys south of the border ) and to go from Saskatoon to Red Deer and back and do a little cruising in Red Deer it cost me 325.00 for gas and I only did around 900 miles total..

Yeah, I guess it is true, they are never done.
Go with the 700r4, I did it in my burb and pull down 17-18 mpg(imperial gallon) with a poorly tuned Edelbrock on a worn out 350 w/3.73's.
I wish I would have run into you in Red Deer, it's always good to meet more people into these trucks. I was only there Saturday and couldn't justify the amount of $$$$ they wanted to put it in the show; the 'burb sat in the parking lot.