Thread: 47-55.1 Flasher for LED Taillights
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 06:24 PM   #6
mr48chev

Re: Flasher for LED Taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
interesting - I've got led stop / turn bulbs in the rear with incandescent bulbs in the front. using a std flasher & every thing works fine.
do you have a problem or are you just looking for info? id try the lights first and then replace the flasher if needed.
It depends on the actual flasher you are running along with the bulb setup.

Oem rigs with incandescent bulbs since sometime in the 70's at least and maybe sooner came with flashers set to require a certain draw to flash. That so when your indicator light just glows and doesn't flash you get out and do a walk around to see what bulb is out. Then our cars got smarter and now have a diagram that shows up on the dash that shows you that you have a light out on one corner.

I'm thinking that some of the "heavy duty" flashers, often the tall ones you usually use when you are towing a trailer don't care how may incandescent Bulbs you have as long as you have one in the system. That is when you get the "your turn signal isn't working on the ____ side, comment when it is still flashing inside. Front bulb incandescent rear led, no problem. All changed to LED = problem.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote