View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Greasey Harley

Re: New clutch doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasey Harley View Post
I blew up my clutch in my '68 c10 this summer (kuz I got a lead foot)....
.... Pretty simple unit, I can't imagine what I might be missing.
Has to be one of three things
1: Wrong clutch kit
2: Defective parts
3: Improper installation

-Russ
Update:

I was sippin' on beer , cleaning up the shop this weekend , just staring down my truck, one thing let to another and I started ripping it back apart. I don't normally turn wrenches while intoxicated, but I was PO'ed and annoyed, so I did.
I tore the linkage apart, inspected it, with one eye closed, so I could focus. In my enhanced state, I couldn't find anything wrong with the apparatus.
It dawned on me that I was in no condition to R&R a clutch, so I did the only sensible thing; I drank a couple more beers and proceed to reassemble the clutch linkage.
That's where it gets weird.
I slammed the whole thing back together, using the exact same parts, and it worked perfectly. WTF?
I have no idea how or why. I was careful and SOBER when I first put it together, I was basically $#!tfaced when I reassembled it this time.
All I did was disassemble then reassemble the linkage.
Granted, being a 50 year old truck, the linkage is rather sloppy, but it works as well I have ever seen.
I have gone back over that thing multiple times (while sober), I have NO IDEA why it didn't work the first time, nor am I sure what changed to make it work now.

-Russ
Greasey Harley is offline   Reply With Quote