View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #30
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

Tank's out again, I *think* I have the compression fitting tightened enough to not leak anymore. But I still don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from it. Haven't put the tank back in yet.

Also discovered a new leak - I had put new waterpump gaskets on but not a new thermostat o-ring... so guess what I need now? Yep. So that will get done this week. Luckily I had only put a gallon of coolant in the system before seeing the slow drip. So any loss should be minimal.

Saturday hit the junkyard. Scored an engine cover:

An evap/charcoal canister from a '98 Silverado:

Reason being, I want to keep a canister to keep fuel odors down, but my original was a complicated 5-port can that had vacuum lines running everywhere. This one is easy. One line to tank, one to the evap line on the manifold, and the Air tube solenoid which doesn't even need to be hooked up cause all it does is 'close' when the PCM does a pressure check... which is disabled on mine anyway.

And the cluster out of the same truck.

Probably won't end up using it but was trying to see what it would take to adapt the speedo electronics like ls1nova did. If I can find the right cluster, I don't think it would be too hard at all. The problem with this one is the fact that the odometer is separate from the speedo, so there's no way to fit them together under the 85 gauge face. If the damn faces weren't so big, I'd try to cut them out with scissors to cover the old faces and just relocated the odometer somewhere else. But not a big loss, this was just for educational purposes.

Tried to get a AC/compressor but it was on an 03 2500 series and the damn motor mounts were in the way, and I only had limited tools on me. Kind of broke my heart, the complete 6.0 sitting there minus the intake just waiting for someone to snag it out and rebuild. 4WD 4L80e sitting in there too, not that I need one of those.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote