View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #19
dons454s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cib101abn
The $60 price on turning the crank is what my son brought back home from his visit to take the crank in, don't know who he talked to; when I took the rods in I asked the price for turning the crank and the boss quoted me $97.50, another $30 to check out the rods..

How does those prices compare around the country..?

(another reason why I distrust machine shops..why didn't they tell my son when he brought the crank in that it was important to check the rods too? Had it not been mentioned on this site the shop would have turned the crank and possible let me bruise it up again! I just hate it when you not only have to know the right questions to ask, but to be able to ask them in the manner to get the right answer...in my opinion the shop should have been the first to mention this...not the last)>
They should have but some just do what you take them and dont ask any questions. I think they figure your using new rods, or if your that far into the engine you know about it. I like to use the shop I use, when I first started years ago, I would ask there opinion and they would tell me why they wanted to do this or that. It builds a nice trust between you and them. When they would tell me that I needed some thing done, I didnt even question it. I have never got bad service from them in in 18 yrs. You need to find a good shop and stick with it, I know it is hard to find quality work nowadays anyware..
dons454s is offline   Reply With Quote