View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #280
colgad

Re: Captain America 68 short/fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
I saw a company on eBay that makes a bracket to install a recessed cadillac third brake light on a tailgate or trunk lid. The bracket and wiring run $175.00 without the light. So I hit up my local LKQ junkyard and snagged a trunk lid, third brake light and the harness for $40.00. The plan is to put it above the back window on the 67 cab. The wiring harness in the truck is from a 2004 gmc van, and it already has the wiring for the third brake light. All I have to do is find the pigtail end and route it up the back of the cab.

Also, before the rain set in, I pulled the bed off the truck to make the cab swap easier.

The last picture I thought was cool, just having all the old truck stuff parked at the end of the driveway.

- Josh
I never noticed that the cab you got was a 67! Very cool, glad you got it and are swaping it over. The third brake light will be slick and the 67 small window should give you a little more sheet metal to work with. I am not sure I have the guts to cut the top of the cab like that. How does the curve of the brake light and the cab curvature match? I might want to do that to the 67 C50 if it works out for you.
Never did get a date for a C10 party, just to many things in the way, I think Ill call Bruce and see if he can pick a date and we will just work around it.
We got my son in laws 68 cab on the 71 frame a week or so ago and getting the glass in now. He's getting pretty excited about his build too.
The 6.0 in my red 67 is so much nicer than the 350. I had a little accident with it though, a wheel fell off a shelf in the shop and dented the top of the tailgate. Oh well best of luck with your cab swap. Can't wait to see how you do on the the brake light install, should be a good complement to the rear tail lights. Whats next Cadillac head lights?
1955 Red-Cream, Chevrolet Nomad, restoration on hold
2004 Black, Corvette Z06 LS6 convertible (Rock solid Fun) 2011/2018 Power Tour
colgad is offline   Reply With Quote