View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #23
nail pounder

Re: Rear differential suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyblue View Post
Here she is. My daughter called her missy blue and it stuck. It's a father daughter granddaughter project. Grew up in a 56 and we lost it throughout the rough times. I got this 57 kind of as a suprise last summer and thats the photo the day it came home on the trailer. And now we are saving and getting to work rebuilding something for us again. They painted it an original orbit blue which is cool. Definitely not a show job but it works for now. Happy that it has a pretty clean body overall and now getting to work just hoping to get my dad driving one again. He doesnt have money for it so it's all me. Just putting together all the pieces and resesrching the rest Loving the memories and fun. Lots to learn for sure and so thankful for this place
Nice looking truck! I'd say drop a motor and overdrive trans(700r4) in it, leave the original rear end, fix the existing brakes and drive it. Then tackle your list as money allows. They are more motivating to work on if you can take it out for a drive once in a while.
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote