Thread: '70 LWB Build
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
LagunaGlide

'70 LWB Build

I just bought '70 fleetside long bed for a pretty fair price. The build will be long and slow. I don't have a lot of experience with body work, but am about to go to welding school. The mechanical aspect will be a breeze as I have been turning wrenches forever.

Truck has 63k original miles and currently has a 350 that appears and feels to be a pretty mild build with a saginaw 3 behind it. Runs and drives well just needs some love to wake it back up a bit.

I took these two pics the day I bought it (Saturday 24 '19).

I went and picked up the truck on Sunday, and drove it home with no issues. Was about an hour drive mostly on the highway. Parked it, and then took some pics on Monday.

I was told the rockers were done at some point before the person I bought it from got it. They had it for about 1.5 years, fixed very little, but just drove it. I found some receipts in the glove box as well registration for WV.

I was worried what was hiding under the rusty chrome trim sill plates, and really had to ditch the carpet.

Such horrible carpet....

The seat has some tears, but it has newer vinyl and I think a new dash pad.

I pulled out the seat, and the carpet, and found the floor a bit better than I expected, but also found some poorly done "repairs" so I will likely have to replace the floor pans either way.

Riveted patch.... Score

Twins!

May be common, but I thought it was cool that the jack was still in tact along with it's mount

Once the floor was empty and vaccuumed up I hit it with a good wire brushing looking for more cancer. I didn't fund much, and will be hitting it with a rust encapsulation for the time being.

You can see the wires, and little speaker pod that I kept working around. Then I pulled out the ash tray and noticed all of the wires for the radio were just electrical taped together which explains why the radio didn't work at all, so I removed it completely.

Seat frame looks decent so for now I just lubricated the slide rails a bit and tossed it back in.

I was also happy to find the label still in the glove box

I got some parts on order for the shift linkage at the bottom of the column because the bushing are literally gone as well as a new lock set because the ignition is a bit too worn out to deal with every time I want to start it.
LagunaGlide is offline   Reply With Quote