View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #15
ThunderTruck

Re: Need Some Engine Advice - 383 Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I agree with switching the cam and intake. I would also consider a smaller carb. You want to be careful to not go too small on the cam. Maybe something like the Comp XE262 or XE268. It partly depends on just what pistons are in the engine and what size the combustion chambers are. A smaller cam is going to increase your cylinder pressure and be more prone to detonation. A dual plane intake such as the Performer or Performer RPM would be a good choice.
Good point on the cam selection here. I just pulled the trigger on a Comp XE262 which I will plan to run with the 1.6 rockers. I also went with a Performer dual plane intake and a standard volume oil pump. I'll see how this setup works and decide if i need a smaller carb at that point.

A tranny swap might be in the cards at some point. I want to keep it manual, so thinking a 4 spd without granny low would be a nice and easy swap at some point. What do you guys think about running a splitter on the stock 4 spd?

Thanks for all the advice and pointers and I'll let you all know how it turns out - hopefully in the next few weeks.
ThunderTruck is offline   Reply With Quote