View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #27
ImNoSpaz

Re: Passager side window won't roll down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71gmcC15 View Post
I've seen that video before but wached it again. I think im going to order a new regular and the felts and then when I get them I will start to mess with it more. better stuck up then mess with it with out the new parts and have it stuck down.
If you get a new regulator, make sure what ever brand you get, that the crank shaft goes all the way through and flush with the housing.

I found when replacing mine that many of them were manufactured wrong. If you put too much pressure on the window crank trying to go up or down, the spring inside that housing gets knocked out of place, and ends up sticking outside the housing and jamming the gear.

If that shaft is not made right, that pressure makes it slip one way or the other inside the housing. I hammered goodmark about it and they agreed they were made wrong. I ended up rebuilding the originals because I went through 4 of the garbage repro's.

In the picture, you will see how the shaft is not even close to going through or flush with the bearing. And you see the spring is out which jammed it all up.
Attached Images

ImNoSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote