View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #958
swamp rat

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Yea, I got myself into a bit of a mess using this NP205 I just installed. It's a bit older NP205 that came out of a donor '76 Blazer and the front output has a yoke for a 1310 (I believe) u-joint. The NP205 I just pulled out was the one that came in my '78 and it has a front output that is a flat plate with 4 bolt holes that a CV type joint connects to. This weekend I looked into just swapping between the NP205's but the currently installed is 10 spline and the other is 30 spline so no-go.

Looks like the '76 blazer would have come with a CV style joint as well, but the rearmost u-joint just goes into the yoke on the TC rather than terminating in a round flat bracket that bolts to the flat plate style TC "yoke". Not sure if that made sense. And it looks like that shaft may have to be cut shorter.

So, looks like I could go that route, or else swap my original NP205 back in. Not sure I can do that either because the input has to match the AA adapter coupler, but haven't looked into it yet.
\

Yea you made sense, my trucks front shaft has the round plate the 4 bolts go through, but I admit I don't know what the yoke is called it bolted too so I'll take your "TC Yoke" as the word.

Yea the joys of custom builds, hope you can verify the input shafts before you can go any further!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote