View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:18 AM   #3
pitterpat

Re: Pitterpat's 84 C20 mild build

Ok, I'm doing this all out of order, I should have made this as my first post but oh well. I'm doing a mild build on the 1984 Chevy C20 I inherited from my dad when he died in late 2010. The truck looked like crap then and still does but unbeknownst to me he had had about $2500 worth of work done on the engine and transmission a few months before he died. I didn't find that out until months later when I was going through a million papers of my dad's. It runs really good but looks like crap.

Also, I thought it ran like crap because it started like crap, just really hard to start. But a few weeks ago the starter finally went out, after 8 years of me owning it. If I would have like driven it once a week it would have gone out 7 years ago. Anyway, put a new big starter in and it cranks so much better, not faster but quieter.

Here's some pics, the right rear side got bent up when the tire on that side ripped/ blew out. Lost one of the hubcaps when that happened too!
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=783971

Last edited by pitterpat; 03-26-2019 at 12:58 AM.
pitterpat is offline   Reply With Quote