View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
NoNeck

Ultra Rare GTOZL1 Truck

I posted this over in the '73-'87 section, but thought the guys over here would find the information useful.

A friend of mine told me about an elusive factory experimental truck that was to be offered late in 1987. The head designers at Pontiac and Chevy bounced ideas around about building a true tire shredding performance truck. As an added feature the trucks were to be built with the Z71 4 Wheel Drive option.

It was to be called the “GTOZ71” and test marketed in my neck of the woods near Scratch Ankle, Tennessee. The introduction date was scheduled for April 1, 1988, but problems plagued the unveiling right from the start.

Clem Kadidllehopper’s rabbits had taken up residence in the bed of the truck and would not budge. One particular bunny named Cadbury looked so sweet but would bite you if you weren’t careful.

Clem’s half sister, April Foolishki was able to get the rabbits back in the pens just as the introductions were being made on GM’s latest truck design. The speakers for the unveiling included notable geniuses such as Albert Beerstein, Steven Caulking, Isaac Fig Newton, Steve Jobless and Alexander Saltine Bell.

There is a rumor going around that one of these ultra rare trucks sits in Mr. East R. Basket’s barn off Rabbit Valley Road near me. I am going to research its location and drop by to see if he is foolish enough to sell it.

Wish me luck!

POP
Attached Images

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote