View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #75
dieseldawg142

Re: Post Pics of your 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Scale Model Pickups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Very cool collection of 60-66 models! Here are a few of mine. Dieseldawg, you have some really cool models!

The turquoise/white one is a AMT kit while the red one is a Revell/Monogram kit.

This one is actually not a model but a cheap 1/16 scalle RC truck from Wal-Mart. Too cool to pass it up

right back at ya DirtyLarry!
your turquoise & white one looks like a real truck sitting there. also like your plug wires. not crazy about hobby shop plug wire kits, scale just looks a little too big for me. i separate the strands in a piece of speaker wire & use them. yours look like old school braided wires-cool!
your red is the same kit i'm converting right now. i didn't get 2 outside mirrors like yours though-bummer. i like the copper look tubes coming from your heater box. nice touch.
i find speaker wire more to scale. check the fueler-dual plug heads, can you say flippin' tedious?
Name:  942.jpg
Views: 1956
Size:  40.6 KB Name:  945.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  46.6 KB
and why not stuff my plate some more. was at the hobby shop today & found some styrene that kinda looks like rv siding. couldn't help myself, bought some, going to do a replica of my camper to go on the replica of my crewcab.
a preliminary rough
Name:  674.jpg
Views: 1945
Size:  59.1 KB Name:  636.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  20.7 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote