View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #146
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
You can get them from Snap-on for $189. When I purchased mine I paid $489. Yes, I'm more than bitter about that.
Ya I seen some on the internet and remembered thinking that was a lot of money. It would be cheaper than trying to get someone to do it at a diesel shop tho. 489 ya, that is a lot of money but I'm guessing you get to use it more than I would so eventually it would pay for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
You and I are less than a hr apart . We can split on Ryan's travel costs and he can tweak my pump as well . lol. Truck is looking good . Like your new heater as well. Im just in the process of rigging up a waste oil heater . Go to YouTube some time and type in efficient waste oil heater. The guy in the vid looks like relic from beachcombers Heater is kick ass . He has done lots of homework to get it to this level
If you had the p7100 pump we could just split the cost of the tool kit then figure out how to setup joint custody and which weekends etc

On the waste oil heaters, my buddy does alot of oil changes throughout the year and he stores the waste oil in a regular furnace oil tank and has it piped in to the heater. It puts out good heat. The fuel is free but he had high start up cost if I remember as he bought all new stuff. But if you could piece together some items from around the farm, shop, or kijiji you'd be laughing.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote