View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 05:07 AM   #622
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

COVID 19 has no real benefit for anyone.

For me, working from home means up to 5 Teams, Zoom etc meetings per day, some up to three hours long, followed by tests, exams, validations, and tasks.

Also a load of online training and tests......

Stuck mostly indoors sucks for someone like me who is used to working away from home.

However, some jobs can be fitted in, between those others that pays the mortgage.

So after cutting down the Leylandi conifer that broke the wall, I tried to pull the two very long Red Robin trees up and away from the drive.

I failed, so cut them back, leaving enough to start new shaped growth.

Part of the reason for changing the back is to rebuild the wall, but also a longer term plan is a 6x6 meter carport in front of the garage that will be done up to look like a 50’s garage forecourt
There needs to be a support post for the main I-beam to run from the garage outward.

Hope this makes sense.

Wall to be pushed back on the left by 400mm reducing to zero when it joins the existing footprint to the right.

Galvanised post to be put in place for future reference.

After that, I decided to use my Galaxy tow bar chainsaw to remove another tree that has irked me for a few years.

The killedtree is being replaced with a pot plant that needs a new home.

Behind the garage my fruit trees were dwarfed by weeds, so clearing up that strip of land was next up.

The Fig tree seems really eager to prove its worth this year.

Apple, pear and plum trees are looking good, pile of scrap steel less so.

Also cleared up behind my 86 year old neighbours place and cut her hedge.

Neighbour Sam has also used this period to sort a gym for his kids and create some garden beds.

Mickey as always on hand to help and supervise.

And still the odd jobs kept presenting themselves......

Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote