View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
yossarian19

Thumbs down POL 55-59 6 Lug Disc

So far, I've identified 4 problems with the disc kit.
1. Pads bottom out in bracket before caliper bolts line up - both sides do this.
2. Supplied rotors do not line up on hub quite right for the supplied spacer bolts to work. Not a big deal.
3. Caliper slide bolts seem cocked, or rotor's vertical runout is out of spec. As I turn the rotor, it brushes one of the slide bolts.
4. Supplied lower bolts are 1/8" too short to engage the supplied nylon lock nut properly. $5 worth of hardware.
I think I can fix all of these issues with a die grinder and a hammer but eagerly await POL's response to my tech support request. It's also possible I'm doing something wrong here but I doubt it.

For what it's worth, the roller bearing kit I got at the same time went in pretty nicely and the grease seals are of decent quality.

Still, I paid $375 or so for some '72 C10 calipers & 80-something K1500 rotors + brackets that don't @#$ing seem to fit.

So, I don't really want to buy from POL again at the moment. They can still change my mind if they bring it with the customer service, though, and either replace the brackets or show me what I did wrong.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote