View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #125
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltait View Post
Larry,
A little input for you. I had a 1985 (or maybe it was 86) k30 SRW. the drive-train was 6.2 diesel/th400/np205 slip yoke. I never thought there were any 205's put in anything but crew cabs till I had this truck. It was not purchased from a normal dealership but from a medium duty dealership c4500's and up. I did not buy it new but all the documentation was still in the truck when I purchased it used, and the dealership is still in business. It seems that if you ordered a PTO option the np205 t-case is the case that would be put int it. Np208 did not have a pto option. Anyways, this truck with the np205 had the rod similar to the np208 running from the t-case to the bellhousing like you described. I have also heard of this rod referred to on the coloradock5 sight as well, so I am sure they exist for the np205. I bet they are elusive as big foot though.
JLT
PS What a great build, I really enjoy this thread I will be doing a nv4500 on my r30 crew cab soon, thanks for the inspiration!!
All K30’s came with 205’s (and Dana 60 front axles) regardless of engines so that isn’t that odd. The rod is a surprise though as I have not seen one on a 205. If I could find one I would use it…..that is if it would fit. Getting pretty tight under there. Seems these trucks have worked fine for over 30 years without a rod so I am sure they will continue on just fine.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote