View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
WIDESIDE72

Re: Propane from the Factory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaz095 View Post
I am interested but apprehensive on a few things... has it been run on propane? i.e. is the carb even work on LPG? Are rebuild kits available? how much are they? I realize it may be original and/or cheaper than a new IMPCO, but the truck was sold for $500 earlier in the thread, and I don't know the cost or getting the LPG carb to work, and if its even possible to source parts.

Can anyone chime in on these issues?
I am not sure what the relevance of what the truck was bought and sold for is, but if it matters, I paid $1200 for the truck running, with a regular quadrajet installed and an extra 5 lug 1/2 ton leaf spring rear. I sold the wheels tires and rear bumper back to 70chevytruck for $200 and his old 16.5 wheels and tires off another truck. I sold the 5 lug leaf spring rear for another $200. I have not run the propnae set up since I don't have a tank.

The carb for sale is propane only, not dual fuel.

I don't have any idea if it needs work or what it would cost to fix if it doesn't work. I really wasnt concerned since I am not going to use propnae, as the cab, front clip engine and trans are going onto a 69 swb chassis with a 72 disc brake front crossmember and 5 lug rear, and a stepside bed.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote