View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 12:34 PM   #7
WunTon

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Also, if you haven't noticed yet, those are 66 fenders that have been swapped on at some point. The fender badge is the telltale sign
I did not realize that! That makes sense though because the PO gave me the bill of sale from 1989 when his mom bought the truck for his dad and said that his dad had redone the truck back in the mid 90's. I had a 67 and a 70 back in the day but this is my first time owning a 60-66 body style so I still have a lot to learn thanks for the heads up. The bottoms of the fenders are going to need some patch panels installed remedy some rust so now I won't feel as bad about cutting up fenders that aren't original to the truck.

Sticking with the rust topic I am going to have to do a bit of surgery to the floor pans and inner rockers for sure. The cab corners are rock solid somehow and other that the floor pans and fenders I think everything looks pretty solid but I still need to finish ripping out the rest of the carpet and poke around with a screwdriver for a while.

Time to do some research on the "best" patch panels.
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote