View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #7
Tom70C20

Re: Hello from Kansas

Thanks all!

The front brakes had already been changed over to disk when I got it. The rear brakes weren't working at all when I got it due to a clogged rear hose. I had to replace the rear drums as they were both worn way beyond spec. Yes, those drums are huge and heavy, and I had a little trouble finding replacements.

I hope to repaint it eventually and probably the same color. It seems most of the two tone trucks are white between the upper and lower trim instead of below the lower trim like mine. I assume it came this way stock but not sure.

The 454 runs pretty well, but it has the late 70's peanut port heads so there isn't much power at higher rpms. It was supposedly rebuilt about 4k miles prior to my ownership, but the PO didn't know the specifics of what was done (it was his father's truck). Yes, the blue valve covers and plug wires will have to go at some point.

I put the wood grain decal on the the gauge panel and glove box. When I got the truck there were thick, light colored wood grain decals on it which were in bad shape. I assume this was done by the PO as I have never seen them on other trucks before. Not sure what it would have had originally.
Tom70C20 is offline   Reply With Quote