View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #1273
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Tricky! I used to be in the pneumatics buiz (Festo) and have used a bunch of PTC fittings. I've never seen one with the support sleeve inside - nice! Guess I've been out of that game for a while. I've seen plugs turned from aluminum that are used to block off a PTC but always opted for the plastic ones in fear that the retractable barbs wouldn't "bite" into metal well enough. Have you tried to pull the brass tube you made out of a PTC? Never having played with a vehicle air ride setup before, curious what kind of pressures you're running?
Yep, I gave the first one I built a tug and it seemed locked in pretty good. The brass is pretty soft and those little stainless claws grabbed it enough to make some light marks. I polished them out and decided a "one time" assembly might be the best plan. Right now, with just the drivetrain and chassis weight, the front's need 25 psi and the rears 12 psi to sit at ride height. System is setup to deliver 150 psi, but I won't know until it's all together what the final pressures are.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote