View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
cpetersen

Re: Driveline Vibration

I'm having the same problem. I even raised the carrier bearing by rebolting higher on the cross member. I took it back to the rearend guy, they were looking at the driveline and my rear and front driveline are almost straight, he told me to put about 6 degrees of angle under the saddle to the the nose down. The question i have for him was correcting the front drive shaft angle. He really didn't have an answer. There is only so much room to drop the driveshaft and rebolt it. I have changed trans, ring and pinion, u-joints. Checked the wheels and tires for splits and still have the same vibration. The real question is do we have to go to a one piece drive shaft. Then put the 6 degrees under the rearend and then the angles would be right. My father in law has a 63 long box with a one piece from the factory. The driveshaft is big and thick and rubs from time to time on the crossmember hoop. There is a reason why the factory went away from that. What we really don't know if both shafts are vibrating or if its only one?

Last edited by cpetersen; 04-01-2010 at 01:57 PM.
cpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote