View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
yote1234

Re: My latest patina...A 1970 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/10 King View Post
No criticism taken my friend, I'll try to keep this short. If you look around at all the latest changing styles you'll see in about the last five years, maybe because of the economy, or budget, a lot of people are getting tired of putting a lot of money under the hood and into expensive paint jobs, just to trailer their trucks and not even drive them, just baby them. Don't get me wrong I am guilty of this to. But every now and then you come across a truck that is pretty stock with add-ons that were popular/needed back in the day. So it looks like the cool thing now is to find the "survivors" with the patina paint jobs. Presently the shop truck look is the "craze". If you look on the forum you'll see just as much fuss over the survivors as the restored beauties. But believe me 6 years ago, the first thing that would have went was that ugly matching tool box, today it's the icing on the cake.
man...you hit the nail right on the head! " the cool thing now is survivors..."
wish i could of figured that out before i restored mine. but i will drive mine!!!
i refuse to own another trailered queen... life and these trucks are ment to be ENJOYED !!!!
1968 Camaro 327
1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote