View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Elcamino fit in here

Did you all know GMC sold Sedan Deliveries with Pontiac sheet metal in the '50s to expand their light truck line-up? Did you know the first Chevy pickups were built on the Chevy car chassis? I guess Chevy Trucks hasn't had their 100th anniversary yet and all that hoopla was a farse

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Both good looking examples of "open bed hauling stuff type of vehicles".
Nailed it! If they are cars then the stuff being hauled in the bed would be your kids, right? I mean, the argument always goes to "They are built on a station wagon chassis"
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I was told many years ago my El Camino was not a truck here .
Only by some. Never by many. I think people don't want to settle it out, would rather perpetually argue. Kinda like Capital Hill. Closed minded thinkers learn less. The El Camino is neither. It is just a pickup. Leave it at that. Cars don't have bodies designed more for hauling a load than carrying people. What do you call the portion of the body behind the doors? A bed, a pickup bed. It's the most worthless argument not worth the air it takes to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
When I read the title, I thought to myself, here we go again, talking about El Camino's thinking to myself this comes up every two or three years.

Don't get me wrong, I love El Camino's, but I was dead wrong about the time line. I went to the top right of "General Discussion" and searched this thread, and the subject has come up a lot more often that I thought.

That in itself says to me that El Camino's are popular with truck guys.

special-K would be disappointed in me if I didn't post a picture of ours.
That's right. You have met the minimum requirement.

When do we start arguing over the HHR Panel that isn't a car but sits on a Cobalt chassis? How about all these new little vans? Are they cars with no windows shaped really funny with no back seats? Does anyone know of any being used as a car?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote