View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 07:07 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Elcamino fit in here

It may be that because this thread has been moved from 60-66 trucks to General Disco that the original poster has yet to post any response. Or could it be he lit a fuse and ran? When it was in the 60-66 forum I posted assuming it was his El Camino he wanted to show and was asking how others felt about him posting it there. It's hard to believe (well, maybe not) we have yet another same old same old thread started to ask the same old same old age old pointless question once again. I would not of played into it had I thought that was the case.

I think we could all agree the El Camino is neither a truck or a car while also being both. It's not a truck, it's not a car, it's a car that is a truck. Chevy had been building pickup trucks and even began blurring the line with the Cameo by giving a truck added car-like style and for that time, creature comforts. In '59 they came out with a lighter more stylish options for those who did not need all that yet still had a use for light pickup duty. The same as what had been done for years with the Panel Truck and Sedan Deliveries. These days we had people incorrectly calling Panel Trucks Sedan Deliveries. Some people need things to be black or white when it's a world of grey areas between. And grey areas seem to cause confusion for them.

So leave all that car or truck out, because since the day these were conceived and produced there have been many car-based pickups and vans produced and many trucks have become so car-like they are no more a truck than the El Camino. El Caminos were ahead of their time. They were always a love it or hate it vehicle. These days people accept car-like trucks with open arms

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-11-2019 at 07:17 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote