View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #28
Boog
laying low

Re: How do you get motivated????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevLoRay View Post
Do you live east, or west, of the Cascades? If you are east, I understand it may be cool. If west, it may be rainy....right?

Geeze, I have had my truck since Halloween of '99. Right now, it's somewhat apart (bed/front cap) at the bodyshop. I gave up and after the folks passed away, they left me with a little jingle so I am putting it into the truck. I'd have done it years ago, but the kids needed some jingle for their "emergencies" and that didn't leave any for MY needs....let alone MY wants. Wife didn't do without.....I had to take care of her. Kids moved out (all but one) before I bought the '69.

If you can't muster the "want-to" at a younger age than mine, it's gonna be a loooooooong time before you are through.

It ain't just TV's that slow us down. Life is a balancing act.....Wife, job, kids, house, lots of other stuff, then the truck.

Good luck.
I'm with you Don. Life does get in the way of our projects sometimes. I put off spending money on the truck when I could in case something else goes down or the daughter needs something or a hundred other things. I've had the mixed paint in my bedroom closet for 10 yrs now. Never opened. How bad is that? The cab and front end is primed and mostly straight. The bed is still sitting outside, rusting. I rather have a full day to spend in the shop, uninterupted, as opposed to an hour or two after a full day at work. I have to come on here *( thank you fellas for all the pictures posted here )* to see what all is being done to others trucks to keep me excited about one day cruising mine. I am thinking about buying new wheels right now, as much for motivation as anything. New parts tend to get one excited about doing something to a rig. Like you Don.
I sure do enjoy seeing what you guys have done to your own trucks. Without these forums I'm pretty sure I would have sold my project a long time ago.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote