View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 07:27 PM   #5582
Lost in the 60's

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I drove in to town this morning and on the road close to my house a crow was pecking at an ex-squirrel (Monty Python fans will get the reference). Crow flew away as I drove past.

Coming home I looked over to my left, at a neighbors house there were three people standing there looking up at the sky. Hmm, wonder what they are looking at? I slowed just a tad and tried to see what was going on, and a flash out of the corner of my eye something was falling, came from the left side of my vision to right at the front of my truck.

It was a bald eagle that swooped down and grabbed the squirrel off the road and flew off. I came so close to hitting the darn thing, luckily his timing was perfect.

Wish I had a dash cam. We have a ton of bald eagles in our area so not uncommon to see, but you dont get to see em in action that close too often.
They are danged big up close too. Last year a rabbit got hit in front of our house. A crow was trying to pick it up and fly away, but it was too heavy and an Eagle came and claimed it. He/she was tearing it apart on the road but was not happy with the cars, so brought it into our yard, 30 ft from the house to devour most of it. Crows got to claim the scraps.. LOL

Lost in the 60's is offline   Reply With Quote