View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #184
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks!

picked up some neoprene at the yard store for the lower mounts but they did not have a tap (the drawer was EMPTY, unheard of at the yard store), so once again I had to go to ace. $^&%^ $18 (all taps are $3 at the yard). and the dril bit size was a princely 37/64ths. another $19. uhh, not for me. I used a 9/16 and knew the aluminum would be my friend.

IMG_9172 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9173 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9174 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got the rad mounts done too. the little clip looking parts with the screws just hold the kydex I use as an air director.

IMG_9176 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9177 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I cut up the speedway rad mounts to make them, in the future I will just make my own. I spent a while laying out the rad hoses, looks like the stock s10 hoses will work perfectly, but the bottom outlet is a little big for the stock hose so I need to grease it up or get a larger hose.

update 4/11

got the rad in and the hoses lined out. not perfect yet but good enough! I was grunting and fighting trying to get the hoses on, the rad inlet and outlet were just slightly too large and I couldnt get the last edge up over the lip. my wife heard my stream of obscenities and said "hmm try some coconut oil". it made me laugh out loud, until her terse expression made me realize she wasnt joking. so I humored her and wiped a little coconut oil on the hose, and it slipped on almost without effort. lesson learned.

IMG_9194-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9195 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

after staring at the drivers door pranged open all week, I decided to take it back off and twist on the hinges. but while I was looking for my punch I realized it wouldnt solve anything, the sheetmetal was bent, not the hinges, so bending the hinge would compound the problem. my father in law was a ride noise vibration and harshness guy at the chevy dealer for 22 years and taught me a trick about doors that didnt seal to the weatherstrip and had wind noise on the highway, he would wrap an old tire in a blanket and put it in the door jamb and push around on the window surround, just a little, till the surround hit the weatherstrip when the door was closed (and the tire wasnt there). I figured since it was over-opened, I could use his trick and over-close it.

worked good! needs to come up a little in the back and the job will be done

IMG_9198-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

started to run the light harness under the hood and hit a snag, the bulbs dont fit the 41 housings. the last one I did had 46 housings and fit, but these are too small. I can either put the small park light in there and the big turn up top, or find a small LED turn for inside the glass. I am leaning toward the second, I want the little cab lights to be BARELY on, 5w is fine, not a turn signal bulb.

IMG_9199-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 04-12-2018 at 12:24 AM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote