Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #111
May70

Re: 292 Questions

Upon taking the carb off and getting out a magnifier, I saw that hole has a factory plug in it and it looks sealed in there good. Covered the hole up with gorrilla tape. No difference and still drops significantly when you spray carb cleaner on the back side. I think it might just be the gasket between the throttle body and carb. I spray it right on that gasket and it drops rpm. Not sure what else it could go through in that spot. The flanges are spotless and these are new gaskets. The flanges still have the tiny ridges around the hole ports etc so I know this hasnt been filed down unevenly etc.... Took the carb right off after truck got up to temp going around yard. This carb definitely gets HOT.

How tight do the screws need to be on this carb? I dont want to strip one out, I also want to be able to take it apart.

I have the carb apart now. Checking over things. Sprayed carb cleaner in each orifice on the carb. Im also not seeing anything wrong.

Do I need both of those gaskets (see pic) between the throttle body and the manifold? Or just the thick one? When i pulled it off the previous person put both. Thats what I put back but im not sure if that is correct and the instructions dont tell me.

A few days ago I took all the plugs out and cleaned them to shiny new with a soft brush and heat. I ran it a few times, drove around the yard between adjustments and you can see what the first 3 look like. The rest look like the 3rd spark plug. I just wanted to see how quick they are blackening. This also might be due more towards the valve seals on the first two because they were wet.

I want to confirm this is a too much fuel problem. Can I know that for sure?

I found a source for the carb vacuum tubing if anyone needs to get some later on reading this thread. Its aluminum. Will post back tonight with info and pics.
Attached Images

May70 is offline   Reply With Quote