Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #114
May70

Re: 292 Questions

No it ran fine when I bought it in march and I could hop in and drive it when ever no worries. I had to feather the throttle when shifting or starting off to avoid a "neck breaker" (as someone who rode with me called it) but that was pretty much it. I figured it needed a carb cleaning at the time. Eventually it got harder to control the feathering good enough to make it enjoyable for anyone else to ride with me. A lot of rough starts(from stop).

Then I decided to change the oil because it looked like it had not been changed in a while and it was leaking from the valve cover/side covers a lot. So i knew I was either going to have to add oil or change it all. I changed the three gaskets then decided to change the oil a few weeks later. Shortly after I changed the oil it started the smoking, within a matter of a few short drives (~30 min ea). I would come to a stop and see/smell it come up by the cab. Eventually the smoke got worse to the point it is now.

The last time I actually drove it a few miles I was running 55 on the way home. All of a sudden it just lost power at high speed, but if I dropped it down to 35 or 40 maybe it was fine and I went straight home. That is when I started all of this and just decided I needed to go through everything.

I have the carb off now, Ill go out and snap some pics

Last edited by May70; 07-06-2019 at 08:09 AM.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote