View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #376
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacQuigley View Post
Strangely enough it was the left hand one on mine that was the issue! It must be easier to make repo parts accurately than this!
Just trial fitted the cab corner, not a disaster but certainly not as good as the other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
Very nice work!
Always nice to see a job being done well!
Thank you, kind of you to say so

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1965 View Post
Looking good Ian . Looks like the race is back on , but you always seem to be a few steps ahead, with Bill a few steps behind. Mind you at least I won’t come last , as it’s now a three horse race . One of us ( you know who you are ) has put his back in the stable and put a blanket over it .
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Martin, definitely the longest race in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Impressive as always Ian.

Just headed out to a bootfair.

Feels like my life is coming back together.
Great to hear that Rian, you'll be back on your truck when the time is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Very nice Ian
Thanks Bill,

I love this forum, unlike so many others it's always very positive and encouraging

I've been on vacation for the past week in Halkidiki - Greece, so I missed a whole weekend. I got a couple of hours truck time today but it appears I'm not the only one to have taken a vacation, my welding mask has gone on a " Permanent Vacation" so I will not be able to finish the rocker panel and floor repair until my new one arrives , (it seems to be a problem with these solar powered masks if you don't leave them somewhere light the batteries die.)

But you know these old trucks, there's always something else to be getting on with so I've stripped the front fender to see what I've got to work with.

It's unbelievably similar to the passenger side (if you look at the pictures earlier in my thread you'd swear they were the same only flipped )

Name:  fender left.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  60.4 KB

Paint stripper revealed bondo front and rear, the bondo in the front is just dents which will work out pretty well with a hammer and dolly.

Name:  fender patch.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  84.7 KB

The rear revealed the all to familiar "snot" welded patch over the top of the rust !! the PO must have thought the repair patch was like a bandaid and the rust underneath would heal up

Name:  fender rust hole.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  72.4 KB

I've cut the rust back and cleaned up the stiffner, it's not great but is all repairable and I know it will fit when it goes back on so I think I'll repair it rather than buy a re-pop fender.

Name:  fender cut out.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  63.7 KB