Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #86
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWB-713 View Post
That's how I did it too, just tacked the rockers & pillars together and then hung a door. Almost found a huge problem with my doors, but it turns out I was overlooking that the door hinges adjust on both the door side, and the cab side. Tryin to get it to line up with only the cab adjustment wasn't going well. I still have a little repair to do on the door, but the gaps all came out very nice I thought, expecially considering how much i had to replace, and that it's my first time doing this.

I as well, like your table/dolly.. I see me having numerous uses for one of those in the near future. Especially since I think i'm about to have to clean out part of my shop to make room for some newq parts and some new equipment
Thanks RWB-713.. I didn't know either that the doors were adjustable on both sides. That will definitely help with hanging them and making the gaps perfect.

I got a little done this week. I got the rear pillar repaired and had to do part of the inner rocker on the rear as well.. Made sure to clean out the support and spray it with some rust convertor, then moved on the the front pillar.

I bought the rear pillar, front pillar, kick panel and passenger side front floor peice from LMC. Everything fits great but the front floor piece. It's a total wash and waste of money on that... I don't see how it could fit without just absolutely boogering it in there. The bends are not correct, nothing lines up.. I've hammered on it, cut on it, cussed at it a few times :-) and I just don't see how without massive modifications to make it fit. I'm going to fabricate my own piece for that part of the floor and inner rocker, that what I'm working on now. here's a few pics of where I am.
Attached Images