View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #82
SCOTI

Re: Hidden Hitch for 73-87's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Scoti, I am going to do this md to my '75, but according to ECE's site, this appears to be a class III, nit IV...based on the trailer weight. Any feedback on this? Here is a C&P from their site, the pic they show is the same you posted back on page 1

Want to tow with your Classic without that ugly hitch hanging below your bumper? Our new Hidden Receiver Hitch is just the answer. Designed for use with the stock '67-’72 factory rear bumper, simply flip up the rear license plate and insert the coupler. It’s that easy. Hitch is rated for up to 500lbs tongue weight and 5000lbs total trailer weight.

We now offer the hitch components in a package deal: Hidden Receiver Hitch, Extended Ball Mount, License Plate Flip Frame and Flat Four Trailer Wiring.

Our new Blazer and Suburban hitches are also finished and in stock, and feature the same quality design and powder-coated finish as our Pickup version. Drilling is required for installation, and every hitch comes with all needed hardware.
That's weird. I just 'borrowed' their kit pic to show what came w/the kit when I got the set-up for the 74. I know when I bought my 1st HH set-up back in 2000, I was told it was a Class IV. I just went back & looked on their site & only saw the 500lb/5000lb ratings.

I didn't exceed those ratings, but will now keep this in mind.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote