Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #55
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Did not get much done today. Grandson came over and wanted so play, so that's what we did till he had to go home. Afterwards took Mama to dinner. It was a lot less humid when we got home from dinner so I went out and pulled a good set of trailing arms from under another burb sitting here so I can put them on the panel. The ones on it have some rust through. I bought a new set of bushings from another board member and they got here today. I have been dreading getting the old ones out based on all the stories I have read. Even the directions from Energy suspension recommend burning the old rubbers out. I did not want to go that route. I took my battery drill with 3/16" bit and drilled a slew of holes all the way around the metal inner sleeve to loosen up the rubber. Sat id sideways in the vise and used a socket and small sledge hammer to drive it out. Did both of them in less than 10 minutes with minimal mess, no damage to the arms and my nostrils still intact. Will try to get them cleaned up tomorrow, painted and new bushings installed but I will wait to install them until I find out if I am going to need lowering blocks. It will be nice to have them ready though. Saturday I plan to get the rest of the frame cleaned up and brake/ gas lines torn off so I can get it all painted along with the front cross member.

Name:  20180802_201505_resized.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  20180802_201455_resized.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  63.6 KB

Earlier at lunch time I was able to get the brake assembly back together with all new parts on the side I painted yesterday. I also got the differential cover installed with new gasket and got the ds brakes removed. Ran out of time before I was able to get it cleaned up and painted. Will do that at lunch time tomorrow.

Name:  20180802_095625_resized.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  49.5 KB
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote