View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 03:42 PM   #1052
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I got some time and a window of nice weather and made some more progress on the interior panels.

I made some pointed bolts (Photo #1) and used them to mark the panel where the seat back stop/latch attaches. (Photo #2) Then I drilled the marked spots and bolted the latch to the plywood. After marking the outline of the latch (Photo #3) I cut out the area under the latch.

The clearances for the seat stop/latches are so tight that the plywood would prevent the seat backs from latching properly. So I had to make the cut outs for the latches so they will be able to hold the seat back in place.
Nice work. I got a Squarebody fold-down 2nd row seat from the PO when I bought my '67 K/10 Sub, but I never got those latches. I found the back section never folded down flat either. One solution would be to lift the truck body -- it's a 4x4 anyway -- and drop the backseat area floor pan a few inches to allow the seat to tuck fully. It was not a priority then, as it was a work truck. I pulled the back seat and kept the spare 33x12.50x15 [w/8'' rim] there.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote