View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 09:08 PM   #11
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Want to hear a story about my 350 v8 in my truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Yeah, happening to me now. Have a 2003 4 wheeler that was running great after I replaced most of the fuel and ignition components... then it wasn't and won't even start now. Also a 2007 side-by-side that was running ok when I got it a year or so ago, but every attempt to get it running "right" tends to be a step backward.

Ready to sell them both for scrap at this point!
Me;; First thing I would do "IF" these both have been using Ethonol gas and then maybe a over haul or buy new carburetors ,, if you think they are worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Best one I recall is my 1997 4Runner. It developed a tick that I thought was a valvetrain issue. To the point of taking it to the dealership and them telling me it did sound like valve train noise and what it would cost for them to repair. I decided to troubleshoot some more. Don't remember what they stated, but it was $$$.

I was out of town and my father in law happened to visit and my wife told him about it. He listened and told her it wasn't valve train, it was an electrical arc tick. He had been an electronics guy since the late 1960's in the Air Force. I started pulling spark plug boots and, sure enough, one of the screw on connections on one of the spark plugs had somehow came loose and was allowing the boot to jump a bit and arc. Total cost to repair was $0.0. Just a bit of time.
Me;;;This story and others gives us hope ,, one just has to find the right person to find what we cannot.